June 7, 2021 | Miles Christi
Our Lord said to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque on revealing His Heart to her: “Look at this Heart which has loved men so much, and yet men do not want to love Me in return…” Christ loves, and is not loved. And He entreats us to love Him! Thus God gives His Heart to men, who are cold and indifferent to His sufferings, as a final attempt to obtain their love. Despite such a great gift, thousands of souls are either unaware of or have forgotten this benefit.
And this most loving Heart has made promises that are a clear demonstration of the love which inflames it for our good:
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will establish peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their afflictions.
4. I will be their refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.
5. I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
9. I will bless the homes in which the image of my Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart, never to be effaced.
12. I promise, in the excessive mercy of my Heart, that Its all powerful love will grant, to all who shall receive Communion on the first Friday of the month for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance. They shall not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments, and my Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge at that last hour.
These are the promises that our Lord revealed to St. Margaret Mary. Let us be devoted to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Let us correspond to His excessive mercy by making a communion of reparation on the first Fridays of each month. Especially in this month of June, let us offer sacrifices in His honor and participate in His Solemnity.
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in You!